Question:
Uploading Website help!!!?
Bebe
2008-02-25 19:44:40 UTC
Hello. I bought a webhosting service from Go Daddy. I used iWeb to create a website. I published it to folder. Now I am trying to use go daddy's FTP client to upload it & it keeps saying broken pipe. What is broken pipe??? Please help!! Thanks.
Four answers:
2008-02-25 19:59:08 UTC
That is a server error. If you can use a local FTP to upload instead of GoDaddy's, i would try that way. A lot easier to use something like SmartFTP and set it up to connect.

GoDaddy should have the FTP use on their Support page:

http://help.godaddy.com/article_list.php?topic_id=310&ci=8058

https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/ftpinfo.asp?ci=8058

Hope this helps.

Ron
jmf931
2008-02-25 19:50:50 UTC
Connection to the webserver through the FTP client is not functioning. Can you try publishing thru the WYSIWYG editor? Send a trouble ticket through your GoDaddy control panel regarding the Broken Pipe issue or check their FAQ's.

Two possible fixes for your problem:

First, always flush your browser cache (Temporary internet files) after making *any* changes to your configuration or access-control code. This forces the browser to send your request to the server where your code can have some effect, rather than serving your request from its locally-cached copy of the page.

Second, you may need to add the line

Options +FollowSymLinks

ahead of the code posted above. If not already set by your hosting company in your server's configuration, this will be required in order to enable mod_rewrite, as stated in the documentation.

So with that and a few other fixes and speed-up tweaks, you get:

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine on

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.example\.com¦192\.168\.127\.1 [NC]

RewriteRule (.*) http://example.com/$1 [R=301,L]

In some cases, attempting to add this Options line may cause an error if your host has already set it up and does not allow "users" to change Options settings.

Change the broken pipe "¦" character above to a solid pipe before attempting to use this code; Posting on this forum modifies that character
?
2016-05-23 12:07:31 UTC
he should have FTP details for his site so he can access it and replace files. Just get these off him then log on, down load all the files you need. Replace all the relevant bits and upload them again.
Rasmah.com
2008-02-25 20:26:00 UTC
I thing you don't buy you're space .. you just buy domain .. and this is you're problem .