Question:
How do you setup LDAP Authentication using Spring Security?
Fresh IT
2013-06-28 22:23:40 UTC
How do you setup LDAP Authentication using Spring Security?
Three answers:
Tech
2013-06-28 22:33:07 UTC
LDAP authentication is one of the most popular authentication mechanism around the world for enterprise application and Active directory (an LDAP implementation by Microsoft for Windows) is another widely used ldap server. In many project we need to authenticate against active directory using ldap by credentials provided in login screen. Some time this simple task gets tricky because of various issues faced during implementation and integration and no standard way of doing ldap authentication. Java provides ldap support but in this article I will mostly talk about spring security because its my preferred Java framework for authentication, authorization and security related stuff. you can do same thing in Java by writing your own program for doing LDAP search and than LDAP bind but as I said its much easier and cleaner when you use spring security for LDAP authentication.

Along with LDAP Support, Spring Security also provides several other feature which is required by enterprise java application including SSL Security, encryption of passwords and session timeout facilities.

LDAP Authentication Basics

Before getting deep into LDAP authentication on Active Directory, let's get familiar with some LDAP term because most of the time user is doing it first time and they are not very familiar with typical LDAP glossary such as Dn , Ou , Bind or search etc.

Dn - Distinguished name, a unique name which is used to find user in LDAP server e.g. Microsoft Active Directory.

Ou - Organization Unit

Bind - LDAP Bind is an operation in which ldap clients sends bindRequest to ldap user including username and password and if LDAP server able to find user and password correct, it allows access to ldap server.

Search - LDAP search is an operation which is performed to retrieve Dn of user by using some user credential.

Root - LDAP directory's top element, like Root of a tree.

BaseDn - a branch in LDAP tree which can be used as base for ldap search operation e.g. dc=Microsoft,dc=org"
Noemi
2016-08-24 05:40:23 UTC
2
Vasudha ONLINE TRAININGS
2014-03-26 21:29:49 UTC
LDAP Online Training - Introduction- LDAP - Overview - A brief History of LDAP- LDAP Overview - LDAP vs. Database - LDAP Usage Summary - LDAP Data (Object) Model - Object Tree Structure

- Attributes - Object Classes - Describing the Tree and Adding Data - Navigating the Tree (DNs and RDNs) - LDAP Replication and Referrals - Referrals - Replication

21st Century providing Online training and support on All Technologies. If you are seeking training and support you can reach me on 91-9000444287. Online training by real time Experts. Call us 001-309-200-3848 for online training

http://www.21cssindia.com/courses/ldap-online-training-103.html