Question:
How would I create a web server with the following components?
PersonXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
2010-03-17 12:15:55 UTC
How would I install a web server with the following software? I am not interested in using a preinstalled software platform such as xampp because this is going to be used in a small production environment. A website with a tutorial on how to install all of these items would be great.
*Apache 2.2.15 (IPV6 enabled)
*MySQL 5.1.41 (Community Server) with PBXT engine 1.0.10-rc
*PHP 5.3.2
*Perl
*Python
*SQLite 3.6.23
*OpenSSL 0.9.8m
*phpMyAdmin 3.3.1
*ADOdb 5.10
*FPDF 1.6
*Zend Framework 1.1.0 Minimal Package (via PEAR)
*Mercury Mail Transport System 4.72
*msmtp 1.4.19
*FileZilla FTP Server 0.9.34
*Webalizer 2.21-02 (with GeoIP lite)
*apc for PHP
*eAccelerator for PHP
*Ming for PHP
*PDF with pdflib lite for PHP
*Xdebug for PHP
Three answers:
?
2010-03-23 21:45:59 UTC
One website with all these items would be difficult to find, why dont you start with Google.com and hit the keywords in it to get details.

What is your OS platform, windows or linux, according to it you can find the result, make some effort and stop asking for free meals

http://minitutorials.com/apache/apache_222_2.shtml

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/installing.html

... its pretty simple
2010-03-17 14:14:04 UTC
I'd still start with XAMPP (or LAMPP) because that gets you 90% of the way there.

Then just add the components you need that weren't on the default configuration. I used to set up servers by hand and it usually takes a ton of effort to get everything going. I'll never do it from scratch again unless I really have to.

The current version of XAMPP for Windows has Apache with IPv6, OpenSSL, MySQL and PBXT, PHP5, phpMyAdmin, Perl, FileZilla, and Mercury mail.

LAMPP (the Linux equivalent) has even more of what you're looking for built in:

Apache 2.2.14, MySQL 5.1.41, PHP 5.3.1 & PEAR + SQLite 2.8.17/3.6.16 + multibyte (mbstring) support, Perl 5.10.1, ProFTPD 1.3.2c, phpMyAdmin 3.2.4, OpenSSL 0.9.8l, GD 2.0.1, Freetype2 2.1.7, libjpeg 6b, libpng 1.2.12, gdbm 1.8.0, zlib 1.2.3, expat 1.2, Sablotron 1.0, libxml 2.7.6, Ming 0.4.2, Webalizer 2.21-02, pdf class 009e, ncurses 5.3, mod_perl 2.0.4, FreeTDS 0.63, gettext 0.17, IMAP C-Client 2007e, OpenLDAP (client) 2.3.11, mcrypt 2.5.7, mhash 0.8.18, eAccelerator 0.9.5.3, cURL 7.19.6, libxslt 1.1.26, libapreq 2.12, FPDF 1.6, XAMPP Control Panel 0.8, bzip 1.0.5, PBXT 1.0.09-rc, PBMS 0.5.08-alpha, ICU4C Library 4.2.1

MD5 checsum: 89c13779cf6f0925d5c1c400d31a1cc3

It was last updated two weeks ago, so the versions will be pretty close to up-to-date. I'm running the Linux version myself, and it's working great. Python is a very easy install. It doesn't need to be directly tied to the web server.

I believe Ming is a Linux-only solution, but I may be wrong. It may have been ported to Windows by now.

Most of the non-standard packages you're looking for are pretty straightforward add-ons to an existing server. Make your existing server with XAMPP and then tinker to your heart's content.

I wouldn't get too uptight about using the absolute latest version of everything, because it may not all be configured to run together. Go for a stable package as a starting place, and add one component at a time, ensuring you can always back up to the last stable snapshot.

XAMPP is perfectly fine for production work. You just need to change a few security settings. (add a root password to mySQL, and clean up the httpd.conf file.) That's nothing compared to the work it will take to make the whole thing from components.
Benny
2010-03-17 13:52:32 UTC
You might try the Howto Forge: http://www.howtoforge.com/

Here's a link on how to set up the "Perfect Ubuntu Server" which might be of interest to you even though it doesn't cover all the same software you've listed:

http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-ubuntu8.04-lts