Question:
What Is the Best Visual HTML/PHP Editor? Dreamweaver or another product?
reversehalo
2006-03-27 15:07:19 UTC
I am especially interested in working on MySQL as well as ODBC projects using the greatest Visual HTML/PHP Editor of all time... Is Dreamweaver the primary tool of choice for the online database designer when coding queries, forms, etc?
Five answers:
nite2quake
2006-03-27 17:36:05 UTC
I use Dreamweaver for getting the basic layout done the way I want it then I hack into it with PHPdev, nice syntax highlighting MDI text editor.

As far as I know (and I am prepared to be wrong here) the are no visual editiors (ala VB or Delphi) for PHP at the moment.
?
2016-05-20 10:32:10 UTC
WYSIWYG does not apply to PHP or MySql. For the simple reason that neither of these languages have a display element. Well of course you can display the results of an SQL statement. You can also display the results of a PHP calculation using echo, but in actual fact both PHP and SQL are server side languages where the display of the information is client side using HTML, CSS and JavaScript or VBScript. If you must have a WYSIWYG editor then get one, but only use it to design the HTML. Then add the PHP and MySql processing later. Have fun.
loopy_and_yoshi
2006-03-27 15:13:17 UTC
Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition

A 30 day at---

http://microsoft.com/downloads
vitor.rodrigues
2006-03-27 15:29:23 UTC
For PHP editing I used PHP Editor plugin for Eclipse. It supports all major features like syntax highligthing, auto completion, code browser, etc...
fatima_aljawad
2006-03-27 15:32:29 UTC
use dreamweaver its very good