Question:
what things are needed for live web page on internet?
?
2014-01-20 07:36:05 UTC
guys please can u help me .i want to make just a good looking simple page about trend and fashion news on it .and on happening things in it.but i dont know from where to start so guys can you help me and i dont want hosting site to do it i want my own so please ur help will be much appreciated and thanks in advance
Three answers:
2014-01-20 07:49:19 UTC
If you do not want a hosting site, you will need to run your own server. Probably this will need to be a Linux server running Apache web server. It will need to run 24/7. You will then need to subscribe to your ISP for a static IP address. They will also probably expect you to subscribe to a business broadband account, this costs about 4 to 5 times the cost of a standard home broadband account. you will need to subscribe to a domain name for your site, and set your domain registrar's A, CNAME, and PTR records to point to your IP address. You will need to configure the server yourself and maintain it. You will be totally on your own. You may even need to run your own mail server for the domain mail accounts.

You will then need to write the pages, which will NOT be simple for your purposes. You will need to learn html, then the mysql database to handle data changes for changing information, and php to manipulate that data and read it back to build the html for the pages.

You will need to handle your own security to prevent hacking attacks or your site will be taken per by hackers in a week.

If you run your own mail server on it you will need to set a DNS MX record for it. You will need to configure the outgoing (probably Postfix) mail server to use sasl authentication to prevent spam, and then configure the incoming mail server (Dovecot is the simplest and easiest to secure).
?
2014-01-21 23:05:07 UTC
If you want full control over the website and want to learn how to be a developer then I would start with a cheap shared hosting platform. dreamhost.com provides pretty cheap hosting and has a lot of one-click installs. I have used them before for smaller projects. If you want to have a simple drag and drop interface and are not too picky on overall design there are D.I.Y sites that are available. One that is completely free to try and provides a free subdomain is FoundHere.com. The have templates to choose from and you can focus more on getting your content up. You can at least try it out and see if it fits your needs. Easy signup, no credit cards. Another site that does charge but offers hosting and a lot of other features is 1and1.com. They are a bit on the expensive side but do provide virtual hosting if you wanted to get into that big of a cost.
?
2014-01-20 08:33:36 UTC
There are lot of web site where u can build ur own site in free so search,make & enjoy best of luck