Question:
What are Special/Specific C functions/constant for Programming Micro controllers (PIC) & How can I find them?
!
2009-06-21 19:07:18 UTC
I am an engineering student who has a lot of experience in c++ with rudimentary knowledge of digital electronics. However, micro controllers are a whole new deal for me. At first I thought it would be really easy but I am getting so frustrated because this C is different with various kinds of compilers for different family of chips.

Where can I find a list & explanation (possibly examples too) of the microcontroller C only commands like
output_low(), trisx, port_b_pullups(), retart_wdt(), etc.

If I could only know and understand these additional commands and their use I think I wouldn't have a tough time!

Please Help!!!!
Four answers:
Fudge
2009-06-21 19:46:30 UTC
here are some books that u can purchase

http://www.ucpros.com/Resources/books_C_for_microcontroller.htm

http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/Prod_documents/avr_3_04.pdf
Ratchetr
2009-06-21 20:02:26 UTC
Does the PDF linked below help? It has documentation on all the functions you listed, as well as sample code. It's obviously a very specialized compiler for micros. You'll probably have to forget alot of what you know about C++.
woolman
2016-11-01 16:22:48 UTC
Hehehe. As replaced into suggested above, welcome to the impressive workld of embedded administration platforms. you extremely need to get to be attentive to your compiler and toolchain. some compilers enable you manage I/O ports in basic terms like a different memory address, others will require you to write some strains of assembler and learn the compilers calling conventions so which you cna link them into your application. yet yeah, in basic terms bounce in and initiate slinging code. you will possibly desire to do an incredible style of your very own 'imposing' of solid programming type (e.g. do not make each and every thing a 'international' variable), yet you mustn't have too a lot challenge. Drop a line in case you get into too a lot deep shi?. Doug
2009-06-21 19:55:22 UTC
Once you learn the hardware, the software will make more sense to you. (You can't program a microcontroler without understanding the architecture. If your school is teaching it as if you can, demand a refund.)