Question:
what programming language do u need to learn to make application ?
music4life
2009-06-27 18:47:31 UTC
i know a bit of java i researched a bit of python. know very basic of perl becuz of cgi. i was wondering which language is worth learning. to make applications. i want to make motion detector using my webcam.
Five answers:
bharvey47
2009-06-28 00:06:33 UTC
Actually, that has already been done for you. Go to www.roborealm.com and download their machine vision software. I use it to guide my robot through on-board USB cameras but you can adapt it to do what you want with no programming at all.

You will have a lot of fun with it.
Paultech
2009-06-27 19:55:56 UTC
C++, .NET, VB, VB6,

for VB, or in essential, any Visual Studio application, already has a compiler. But others may or may not have a compiler coming with it, so you may have to find one. For C++, there's Borland, MinGW and CygWin. Dev-C++ has an option where you can download a version with the MinGW compiler installed. also have a linux distro is really good if you want to do C, this can also be done in cygwin i use fedora 9 for my core, well java.

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Motion-Detector how to make a motion detector, a lot of webcam now have the feature of motion dection. http://dorgem.sourceforge.net/ this is the open source code for the detector.

hope this helps.

paultech remember to rate
tbshmkr
2009-06-27 19:36:47 UTC
C++

=

Tutorials online:

http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial.html

http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/

=

Free Electronic Books

==

Thinking in C++ 2nd Edition by Bruce Eckel

Volume 1 & Volume 2

http://www.mindview.net/Books/TICPP/ThinkingInCPP2e.html

=

Code::Blocks == open source free C/C++ IDE

http://www.codeblocks.org/downloads/5

codeblocks-8.02mingw-setup.exe
The Awaken
2009-06-28 11:49:25 UTC