Question:
HOW CAN I MAKE MANY DEVELOPERS TO WORK ON SAME PROJECT IN VS2008 FOR ASP.NET DEVELOPEMENT?
LAUKIK R
2008-12-11 01:35:17 UTC
HI I AM USING VISUAL STUDIO 2008 AND I WANT TO KNOW HOW CAN I MAKE ALL OF MY PROGRAMMERS WORK ON THE SAME PROJECT I TRIED PLACING THE FILE ON A NETWORK DRIVE BUT DID NOT WORK CAUSE OF SOME SECURITY POLICY WHICH I DONT KNW,CAN NE 1 HELP ?????
Three answers:
Jedi Danny
2008-12-11 01:40:44 UTC
You need a program called sourcesafe 2005. It allows many developers to work on the same solution and the same time. It keeps backup history versions and some cool code merging abilities.

Hope this helps
CJ
2008-12-11 02:30:46 UTC
You can use Visual Source, or SVN, there is an application already developed to accomplish this, it is called "Visual SVN" and It is built to work on Windows Platform as a server. I have used for other purposes, but I believe it is specially built for Visual Studio. NET , look it up : http://www.visualsvn.com/

Good Luck!
xer0blast
2008-12-11 02:19:40 UTC
if i were you, install the SVN in the server as your repository for updating your programs. and you can also use that for bug fixing or releasing.

assign each programmer to work in a module so they wont overwrite other module. if ever they want to use or write in other module then SVN can handle that.