Question:
i need an e-mail that is not web based?
vonda l
2007-02-07 12:21:05 UTC
apparently vista does not support web based e-mail and thats why i cant send e-mails. i havent the foggiest what a web based or non web based is i thought e-mail was all the same. can someone please tell me the difference and tell me how to get an e-mail account that is not web based????? im really starting to not like vista at all!!!
Nine answers:
Victor C
2007-02-07 12:42:13 UTC
hey vista uses something called Windows Mail

read up on it at the vista forums at

http://thevistaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=6990

you may also want to look around that forum for info on the new operating system

http://thevistaforums.com

also found this for setting up a pop email just switch out the info there with your own isp (internet service provider) info

http://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=5137

also vista and smtp servers...

http://weblogs.asp.net/steveschofield/archive/2006/12/19/iis7-post-23-vista-and-smtp-server-where-is-it.aspx

vista and problems with emailing..

http://help.lockergnome.com/office/Outlook-2007-Vista-Junk-email-reporting-tool-issues-ftopict923335.html

Victor C.

comp tech

Will wait a yr before i use vista lol
2007-02-07 12:31:24 UTC
Vista supports hotmail.which is a web based email so I think that Vista DOES support it and you have an other problem. I suggest you look for a Vista forum on the net and see what others have to say about that problem.

In the mean time you can use 'outlook express' which came with your computer (it is NOT web bases email). I've used it since Windows 95 and still do, it works fine.
Thomas K
2007-02-07 12:26:20 UTC
All e-mail that has a POP interface can be accessed EITHER using a browser (web-based) or an e-mail client such as Outlook (not web-based).

All e-mail IS the same. There are multiple ways to access it.

1. Go get an e-mail client such as Outlook, Eudora, Opera, Thunderbird, etc.

2. Configure it for the POP sending and receiving servers named by your e-mail provider and you are in business.
?
2016-11-26 05:15:05 UTC
I surely have all 3, specifically for messenger purposes. i come upon that Gmail is by technique of far the superb. i'd even say that it really is extra effective than maximum non loose digital mail carriers. Its were given an exceptionally straight forward and effective interface, with archiving, labels, stars etc. Its quickly to load up (which i come upon hotmail isn't). My hotmail account has 1000's of emails in it, even nonetheless i do not use it, in basic terms from junk mail. My gmail has none. i'd say positively flow with Gmail. in case you do seem up the labs, there are some good non-compulsory digital mail alternatives, like the 'undo' key or the attachment reminder. also they have an exceptionally good gadget the position you will obtain and deliver from different digital mail addresses, so that you'll be able to divert your old one for slightly, or in basic terms deliver out of it.
?
2007-02-07 12:24:46 UTC
Web based e-mail is:hotmail, yahoo mail, excite mail; anything you need to log in to a web site to use.

What you are being asked for is you POP mail or the mail account that your ISP provides you.
2007-02-07 12:29:23 UTC
Aint got a thing to do with Vista! You get home based Email thru your Internet service provider! If you are bootleggin your connection, you wont be able to use Outook!
Speedy
2007-02-07 12:24:21 UTC
Not sure I understand the difference between web based and non web based, but try Juno.com, it does not require internet access to use email.
Barkley Hound
2007-02-07 12:24:25 UTC
You can get the Yahoo Premium account for a charge. For free you can use Gmail or AOL mail. They all allow you to access them from an email program. Yahoo and Gmail are POP3 and AOL is IMAP.
2007-02-07 12:25:20 UTC
Try using the email address that your ISP provided. I.e, my ISP is Pipex, they supplied me with ******@dsl.pipex.net.

Otherwise, try setting up a pop3 account.