Question:
How do I dynamically process an asp.net webpage?
Amit M
2005-12-28 13:51:09 UTC
I want to load an asp.net page from a database into a asp.net page that is already loaded in the browser. How can I process the requested asp.net webpage on the fly?
Two answers:
pogowolf
2006-03-24 13:21:06 UTC
Are the pages in the database also asp.net pages? if they are stright client side script then all you need is a response.write..

if not.. I don't think you can do this. the only thing I can think of would be to use an EVAL function on the page.. but that might choak on the HTML..

but.. if I might ask.. why do you want to do this? perhaps you need to rethink your solution to make a better engine for your pages.. that why your DB is only storeing DATA.. like it's supposed to.
LDonaghe
2006-01-02 17:40:04 UTC
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking here, but it sounds like you just want to have an iframe on your "parent" ASP.net page that will host the "child" page... that would allow you to not have to create a user control to embed the child page in the parent, as well as allow you not to have to do a postback of the entire parent page if you posted back from the child, and the child would load on a page that was "already in the browser"...

It seems like that solution is too simple and you would have already considered it, so maybe you can describe more of what you're trying to do...

If you're trying to minimize round trips to the server, check into XMLHTTP (the backbone of AJAX) and only send/retrieve the information from the server that actually changes.

Any other info you can give to help understand your problem?